Sammons Preston Weighted Utensils
This product contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions.
For health reasons we are unable to accept returns or exchanges of hygiene products.
This item is considered dimensionally oversized parcel or requires truck delivery. Additional shipping charges will be calculated at time of order.
This item is classified as hazardous materials. Can ship ground only - restricted from air. Additional shipping surcharge will be added at time of order.
This product has a Bariatric rating.
If you have any questions please contact customer support at: 1.800.665.9200 or Email at:
|Company or Name||Street||Address 2||City||Province||Postal|
playlist_add_check Approved Supply List Item
done Supply List Item
- Ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in the hand, the built-up handles are easy to grasp and manipulate
- Measuring 1-inch in diameter, each stainless steel utensil weights 8 ounces to provide extra stability
- Caregivers will find these modified dining aids helpful for allowing users with unsteady hands to feed themselves during mealtime
- Ideal for individuals with Parkinson's disease, arthritis, post-stroke recovery, hand tremors, poor fine-motor skills, or grasping difficulties
- From spoons to forks to knives, each of these adaptive utensils are purchased separately, not available in a set
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Cumene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Weight Stabilizes Movement
Ideal for users who have limited hand control, these weighted utensils feature soft vinyl handles for a cushioned grip. The combination of additional weight and a built-up handle offers more control so that the utensil reaches the mouth without spilling any food. Each utensil weighs approximately 8 oz. (0.5 lbs). The fork tines, spoon bowls and the knife blade are all made of durable stainless steel, safe to sanitize using the dishwasher up to 180°F.
Easy to Grasp Handles
The utensils are available in a variety of options including spoons, knives, forks, teaspoons, soup spoons and more. Measuring 1-inch in diameter, each utensil is easy to grasp. The fork tines, spoon bowls and the knife blade are all made of durable stainless steel, safe to clean using the dishwasher.
Dishwasher Safe Utensils
The weighted utensils provide additional weight to help stabilize hand and arm movements for those who experience tremors or shakes when eating. Individuals with arthritis, Parkinsons, or poor fine-motor skills, will find it difficult to hold standard cutlery and avoid spillage during mealtime. For right- or left-hand use, the eating utensils are sold individually.