Pediatric Weighted Utensils
This product contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions.
For health reasons we are unable to accept returns or exchanges of hygiene products.
This item is considered dimensionally oversized parcel or requires truck delivery. Additional shipping charges will be calculated at time of order.
This item is classified as hazardous materials. Can ship ground only - restricted from air. Additional shipping surcharge will be added at time of order.
This product has a Bariatric rating.
If you have any questions please contact customer support at: 1.800.665.9200 or Email at:
|Company or Name||Street||Address 2||City||Province||Postal|
playlist_add_check Approved Supply List Item
done Supply List Item
- Pediatric Weighted Utensils are available in three options: Youth Fork, Teaspoon, and Plastisol Coated Teaspoon
- Excellent for at-home use, the adaptive utensils help children with a wide range of physical challenges to be more independent and feed themselves with greater ease
- Each 4 oz. utensil helps reduce spills, calms the tremors, and makes for a much more satisfying and independent meal time
- The stainless steel (or plastisol coated) utensils are constructed with BPA, phthalates, and non-latex plastic and are dishwasher safe up to 180° Fahrenheit
- The overall length of each utensil measures 6-½” with the vinyl handle measuring 3-¾” and exposed utensil measuring 2-¾”
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Cumene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Pediatric Weighted Utensils
The weighted cutlery is ideal for young children with limited hand function or with a weak grip. The bright red plastic vinyl handles have indentations to fit the fingers for easier and more comfortable grasping. The overall length of each utensils measures 6-½” long. If the child is unable to hold the vinyl handle, try using a grasping cuff that fit the utensil to the hand.
Improves Mealtime Independence
Pediatric Weighted Utensils are available in three options: Youth Fork, Teaspoon, and Plastisol Coated Teaspoon. The fork and teaspoon are constructed of stainless steel and weigh approximately 4 ounces. The plastisol-coated teaspoon is ideal for a sensitive mouth, protecting the lips and teeth from extreme temperatures. Each utensil is sold separately.
Helps Stabilize Shaky Hands
The weight of the utensil decreases hand tremoring and enables you to eat independently with more control of the utensil. The heavier weight helps to stabilize a shaking hand, giving needed proprioceptive feedback for sensory issues and prevents food spillage. The contoured handles of each utensil measure 7/8" in diameter and 3-1/4" long.